Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday (not so) Funday!

Today is a slow day. Mondays are never any fun! Especially coming off of this great weekend that I had! Benjamin has been sick for almost 2 weeks now-walking pneumonia first and then a stomach bug. So he wasn't feeling 100% around Valentine's Day. So we decided to wait and do a Valentine's weekend at his family's place in Cameron, SC on the Santee. I don't know why, but it is one of my favorite places to go! Ben first took me here in high school, 10th grade. I loved how peaceful and quiet it is there, and I also love to hear his stories from when he was younger and the memories that have been made there. We try to go every few months. His parents have done a lot of hard work to update and keep it nice for everyone to use. So, we decided to take off Friday afternoon and head down for a little vacation. We had a great time-the weather was GORGEOUS! Sunny and warm. Miller came too and she had the best time running around, playing in the leaves, and swimming on Saturday. We grilled out steaks on Saturday night and just enjoyed the weather. It was a perfect weekend. The girls and I sang some karaoke on the machine we just set up, and cooked dinner last night. A great way to end a fun few days. I am so loving this warmer, sunny weather and I am looking forward to baseball season and all of the exciting things coming up! Here are a few pictures from this weekend! 

Miller and I after a long day of playing!

Mills eating up my leftover Porterhouse!

Sunday morning 

Ben and little girl taking a break from raking!


Looking forward to watching the Bachelor with the girls tonight and having a much needed "home spa" night! 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging...it's a super convenient and fun way to document your life and share with others! I think you'll love it as much as I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. I figured I would jump on the band-wagon. It is nice to catch up with your families since I don't get to see you guys too often!

    ReplyDelete