Wednesday, February 23, 2011

First Volunteering Day!

I am home sick today-the pretty weather comes and also brings the sickness for me. I woke up with a very sore itchy throat, and itchy ears! So, I'm waiting for my Dr.'s appointment. :(

But, on a brighter note, I had my first volunteer shift at Lexington Medical Center last night! I have been so excited to start volunteering. I am going to be at two different hospitals, at Baptist and at Lexington and am looking forward to what I will be doing at both. Baptist has a "Personal Touch" program that has been a LONG process to get into, with recommendations from 2 people, Doctor's clearance, orientation and interview! It is very hands-on and you actually get to work and interact with people. Since I am interested in OB-GYN, they are probably going to have me in High Risk Pregnancy or the Nesting Place there. I have already had one corporate training that lasted 6 HOURS! And I have another this Saturday from 9 to 5:30! A lot of training to be a volunteer... At Lexington, I am just a general volunteer on Floor 2-Mother & Baby. I was in the nursery last night and made hats for the babies. It was so exciting to see the little guys (and girls) and you could definitely tell that it gets pretty hectic but so fun! I can't wait to go back and to also start at Baptist.

I am currently in Pre-Nursing at Midlands Tech, but it will be next May before I can start my clinicals, so I have been looking at other options. Tonight is my meeting with Orangeburg Tech to discuss their program and hopefully I can get into it in the fall of this year! That would definitely be a blessing for impatient me. It is hard to remember, but I have to keep reminding myself that God has got the master plans for me and will get me to where I am supposed to be in His time-not mine!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day with this sunshine! 


This is Miller last night...on Ben's new Valentines memory foam pillow that he left with us to "break in"... with her new toy! So sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment