Monday, February 28, 2011

Fabulous weekend!

Here we are again, back at Monday. I can't believe that today is the last day of February! The beginning of March is tomorrow which means...RENT is due! No fun. But the gorgeous weather that has been hanging around makes just about anything ok. This weekend was laid back, but any weekend is a good one. Saturday I spent the entire day at Baptist hospital for the last leg of my training for Personal Touch. I will get my certificate when I finish my vaccinations this week...finally!! And I will also find out what unit I will be assigned to- I am hoping for High Risk OB but will be happy with anything. It is neat to meet all of the new people at the orientations and make new friends- they are from ALL backgrounds and are all different ages. It was fun to learn about the hospital and what our duties are. We got a lot of training on what to say to patients when they tell you things unexpectedly. For instance, if someone was to tell you "I can't stand this anymore, I am thinking about just killing myself." Um hello, what DO you say to that?? Well now I know! We also spent a good amount of time learning how to do a "nursing backrub". If I were in the hospital I would definitely be tracking a volunteer down to do that! We spent Sunday relaxing. We went to eat at Cracker Barrel-our favorite place, we took the dogs to play in the sunshine, (they just layed around) and finished the night with home spa night! 

We got two parakeets at the Flea Market yesterday. Mollie of course talked me into it, and they are fun to watch and play with. The dogs are still trying to figure out what they are. We named them Brennen and Dale, from one of our favorite movies Stepbrothers. They are too funny.

 Dale and Brennen on my wine glass :)
 My big girl!
 The dogs terrorizing things
 Me and the babies
 Spoiled Rotten!
Another big deal in our house this week was the new crate. Miller has long since outgrown her old one, so I figured why not get the biggest one online so that I never have to buy another one? HA! It is plenty big alright. They could both be in it and be comfortable-it is crazy big! But definitely worth the money.


This week I am busy with the final interviews and meetings for Baptist, arranging my TEAS test for the Nursing Program Application at OC Tech, and getting transcripts sent. Busy, busy, like always but exciting too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment