Thursday, March 10, 2011

Exciting Things!

So, I was just sitting around thinking about all of the MANY blessings that God has given me that I don't deserve, but am so thankful for. Yesterday morning, I had the privilege to attend the SC Governor's Prayer Breakfast with our company. We go to various prayer breakfasts every couple of weeks, so I figured that this one would be the same. To my surprise, the speaker was very interesting and Governor Nikki Haley gave a great, short but to the point speech-her main focus was on South Carolina being the best that it can be. For us to go back to our communities and do little things that will make a big difference. So, all day I was thinking where I could do something that matters. This morning when I was getting ready for work (rushing), a thought popped into my mind. I just started volunteering at Lexington and Baptist hospitals for multiple reasons. I figured it would be a good use of my time in the evenings, get me into the healthcare field, and for some reason I felt this tugging on my heart to do so. I ended up in two units that I have a lot of passion and interest in-Mother & Baby and High Risk OB. I am so excited about the opportunities that lie ahead for me there. This got me thinking.
As I was wheeling babies into their mommy's rooms I noticed that there were soo many gifts and balloons and stuffed animals-all for baby. Most of the time when babies are born, the mommy delivers and is then forgotten about. There are not gifts for them. So, my new project....drumroll...mommy buckets! I am going to make some Palmetto Tree buckets with the cricut and fill them with goodies for mommies! Little things that will make them happy and comfortable at home, so they know that they are important too-fuzzy socks, lotion, chocolate, nail polish, magazines, etc. I will start to deliver them on the nights I am at the hospital and hopefully it can turn into a bigger project. I am so excited to start!
I am also working on the final touches to my "admission packet" to Orangeburg Tech. I take the SAT Saturday and next week I will take the TEAS test to hopefully qualify me. I am nervous but excited to see where this might take me. 


I have been thinking about all of the exciting things happening in my life and for some reason the song from Toy Story keeps playing in my mind...Strange things are happenin' to me. So here, enjoy! :) 






Happy Thursday and Happy Birthday to my beautiful Nansy- the Queen B who taught me how to be a princess!! Love you Nana-Peasel

1 comment:

  1. Once again i love this! Wish I was there so maybe i could be taking part in your wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete